Thursday, April 4, 2013

View on Same-sex marriage.

Well… against my better judgment, I am going to post this. Not really sure what it is, but I do know it is what God has laid upon my heart and I know that I should speak when He tells me to and walk where He points, so here goes.
First, let me start off by saying that I am not writing this to offend or oppress anyone’s beliefs or moral values. Secondly, I do believe in the bible and that may offend you. (Stop reading maybe?) And thirdly, let me take a moment to apologize to the world on behalf of the ignorant, religious, arrogant so-called “Christians” who feel the need to attack human beings with verbal abuse because they disagree with other people’s choices. Let me just say, that is not how Christ treated people when He walked the earth, so I beg you to please not get the wrong impression of Christianity. It is far more liberating than these imprisoned, miserable, fakes make it out to be. Most are quick to quote scripture, but they forget when He said, “He who is without sin, cast the first stone.” Funny thing is, Christ was without sin and He still didn’t cast the first stone. Repeat, He STILL didn’t cast a single stone! Which is why I am trying to say this: No, I do not support gay marriage. Will the world end if it gets passed? I do not believe so. Am I going to go around picketing saying that “All Gays Got to Hell?” Heck no! And any “Christian” who does those things is a hypocrite. Who gives them the right or the power to judge people? NO ONE. That is GOD’s job. He will judge us all in due time and homosexuality is just as bad as stealing a packet of gum. Both are wrong; both are equal sin in God’s eyes.
Now having that said, I will recap. No, I don’t believe or support gay marriage, but I’m not going to stop it. There are a lot of questions I could counter the issue with like “What equality are we asking for? The equal right to marry who you love right?” So the logic follows “if we love each other we should have the right to marry.” If that’s the case should polygamy and incest should be fought for as well? If they love each other should they have equal rights? If two 12 year olds think they are mature enough for a consensual marriage, should they fight for their rights? Or how about this. Religion aside, what are we basing equality on? The right to be with whomever you love? What if I love my brother? A 13 year old? An animal? Does the basis for equality still work? I’m not spewing hate, I’m asking honestly about consistency? Again I’m leaving religion out of these questions. What qualifies something to be equal? The fact that we just want it to be so? I don’t know to be truthfully honest with you, but I will move on to this and this is where some people may get offended. (Bible usage warning…)
In 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 “The unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God. Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.” This isn’t just talking about homosexuals. This is talking about the entire world! Not just a group of people that sin differently than you. Speaking plainly, no one is pure enough or without sin to enter in to heaven on their own. It is because of salvation in Jesus Christ and the redemption He has offered to everyone. I know I’m jumping around a lot, but how about this? Pass Same-sex marriage. Biblically speaking, God will not recognize it as a legitimate marriage because he only recognizes a union between a man and a woman, but back to the topic, legalize it. I truly believe that if this law or bill or, whatever it is, is passed then it will create opportunities for compassionate Christians who are more worried about glorifying God and spreading the gospel to show love, than being arrogant, know-it-alls.
To anyone and everyone who has lost a family member, friend, or even acquaintance to hatred because of these so called “Christian” acts, I am deeply sorry and that is not love. Jesus said, “It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick; I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners…” (Mark 2:17). “If anyone hears My sayings and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world…” (John 12:47). The world is in need of a healing. It is not in need of a judging. Share love. Show love. Be love. That is Christ. Be the hands and feet of Him and spread His Gospel and His love. God doesn’t make mistakes.
“He has made everything beautiful in its time…” Ecclesiastes 3:11

1 comment:

  1. Hello Brie. So good to know you through your profile on the blogger. I am glad to stop by your blog " Sorry for Party Rockin". and the post on it "View on Same Sex marrages". This is the burning issue in the Golbal society. We are heading fast toward a Godless society with things that have not been ordained by God. Same Sex marriages is a rebellion against God and His standard. Thank you for your very appropriate thoughts shared from the Word of God. Well about me, I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 34yrs i n the great city of MUMBAI, INDIA a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reachout to the poores of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the borken hearted. We also encourage young people like you as wel as adults from the West to come to Mumbai on a short / long term missions trip to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come with your friends to work with us. I am sure you will have a life changing expereicne. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede

    ReplyDelete